Lost Generations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hey! Thanks for paying us a visit. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, though, but our site is no longer active.
We hope you're able to satisfy your role-playing needs elsewhere! ♥️
Chimitsu & Co.

The Foyer

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
The Foyer Z2TThLm130/9999The Foyer YaqEZ39  (130/9999)
Mana:
The Foyer G8gFMJt95/1000The Foyer YaqEZ39  (95/1000)

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:23 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Foyer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Foyer 31-w-rivercrest-foyer

From the covered porch, guests and residents enter through elegant glass doors framed on either side by tall windows into the foyer. The foyer is decently sized, with marble floors that integrate cleanly to carpet on the left as it leads into the living room and continues into hardwood towards the study on the right. Sharply to the right of the door is an area for visitors to put their shoes, a closet for their coats, and an umbrella stand for canes and umbrellas.
Two staircases with elegant wrought-iron railings decorated with intricate curls of metal lead up to a hallway “balcony” that hovers over the foyer. This hallway leads, on the left, to the Master bedroom; to the right, a separate bathroom and another bedroom in the corner “turret” of the house, and to the back, two more spare bedrooms. When the staircases reach the “balcony”, as with the foyer and the living room, marble becomes a light, plush carpet.
Under the staircases, the ceiling has an inset circular lighting fixture which bathes the open floor below it in a soft golden light when it is turned on. Straight through the staircases there is a large open window showing the backyard, a utility closet set into the wall on its left and a door to the backyard and porch on its right. Walking under the staircases and turning left will lead one towards the kitchen and dining room, and turning to the right will take one towards the family room, laundry room, and garage.
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Exiting her room, Zuri floated quietly along the balcony overlooking the foyer, and peered down. Light glittered in through the glass doors, and birds chirped outside, but there wasn't any sound from inside the house. She looked this way and that, looking for anyone else, even if they couldn't see her, and grew saddened when there was no one there.
This house is so empty, she thought, sighing soundlessly at the thought, It's so lonely..
Even as a ghost, what she missed the most other than warmth was the comfort of other people. It was a double edged sowred, when it came to people. If they were there, they were bound to get in trouble, and she would help them. If they were not in trouble, they were making it, and she had to hurt them. But if they were not there, she was lonely, and ached inside at the emptiness.
"What a troublesome train of thought," she finally whispered aloud, sitting down at the top of the right staircase and leaning on the wall.
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Diamond walks out of her room closing the double doors slowly. Trying not to make too much racket. She trots across the balcony heading toward the right stair case, her heels tapping loudly against the tile. She stops and sighs. She lifts one of her foots to look at her heel. "Must you make such a racket?"
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Startled at hearing another person, Zuri jumped, or, rather, would have if she were in a physical body at the moment. Curiously, she peered around the corner and stood up slowly. A young girl, perhaps around the same age as she, with blonde hair and light orange eyes was headed down the hallway. Even on the carpet, her heels made quite a bit of noise, but, she was a living person, or so she appeared.
Perhaps this house isn't as desolate as it appears! She thought cheerfully.
However, she remained cautious and stepped aside as Diamond approached, shivering as their arms brushed.
Ah...m-mustn't go near the warmth just yet...I don't want to startle her...
Quickly hugging her arms to her chest, she bit her spectral lip and waited to see if the other girl had noticed anything.
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Diamond puts her foot down and sighs once again. The diamond dangling from her bracelet sparkled and whispered to her, swaying fiercely. She looks down at it for momment with a curious expression and then unconsciously grabs her arm as if something had brushed against it. "Hm?" She looks in the direction what she thought was another person, but appeared to be nothing. "What was that?"
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:34 pm

The girl was dressed very richly, much like the nobility of her time, and Zuri smiled softly, remembering the better memories of her previous life. Her rational mind telling her that it was unwise to show herself in such a sudden manner, however, she held back and didn't say a word. She disliked to leave a question unanswered, but she had no answer to give that would not frighten this other girl.
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Diamond looks at her bracelet, bringing it up to let the diamond dangle in front of her eyes. "You said there was a spirit close by." The diamond beings to sway and shine once again. "Hm... Prehaps you're not sensing things right..."
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm

"Ah, no," Zuri spoke softly, touching down on the carpet and slowly allowing herself to materialize about five feet away from Diamond.
Her hair, soft and white, fall gently over her shoulders on one side, and cascading down her back on the other. The chill temperature made her pale skin even paler, especially when put up against her pure white dress and silvery hair. Even in her physical form, she looked like a ghost, so faded and pale. Her smile, however, was warm, and she waved to Diamond.
“Hello,” she said brightly. “Your little charm is working just fine, if it’s supposed to check for spirits. My name is Zuri Adele Lavandière. I’m sorry to frighten you, if I have.”
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Diamond looks in the direction of Zuri and smiles brightly. "Oh! Good evening, Zuri!" Diamond rushes toward Zuri, holding the front of her dress up as she did to keep from tripping over it. When she reached the woman she smiled brightly. "No need to apologize! You haven't frightened me!" She put her hand out to Zuri. "I am Diamond Li Chevalier! It's a pleasure!"
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:52 pm

She took ahold of the other girl's hand, and shook it smiling brightly, if not a bit strained. Warmth from Diamond flowed up her arm, and she let her hand go so that she wouldn't be tempted to hover or cling.
"It's very nice to meet you as well," she said politely, bowing her head. "I wasn't aware that anyone else lived in this house, but I'm very glad that someone does. It looked so quiet and lonely..."
Almost like a tomb...
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:56 pm

"I can see how. Being that it's so large and all. My home was alot like this, but I'm glad to have someone to live with." She giggled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:59 pm

With a warm smile, Zuri nodded. It would be nice, to live in a house with someone else who knew she existed, rather than someone who did not. It was disconcerting to live with people who did not know you were there, and who would be frightened by your very existence.
She set aside those negative feelings, and looked around curiously.
"Are there any others here...?"
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:12 pm

She shrugs. "I'm not sure. You're the first person I've met in this house."
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:05 pm

"Hmm...I suppose I'll just finnish my exploration of the house, then," she said softly, her mind starting to wander around the hallways she had not yet traversed. "It was nice to meet you, Diamond~" she called cheerfully, walking lightly down the staircase and fading away from sight as she did.
Back to top Go down
Zain Roux
Level 2
Zain Roux

Power Scroll
HP:
The Foyer Z2TThLm60/9999The Foyer YaqEZ39  (60/9999)
Mana:
The Foyer G8gFMJt40/1000The Foyer YaqEZ39  (40/1000)

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Zain walked in and stop walking after his sixth step and looked around "I can tell that I'm going love the tour"
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Diamond followed close behind him and smiled as she shut the door. "That's what I said when I first got here!" She giggles and remembers something. "Oh!" She walks over to him and whispers in his ear. "You know that I live with a ghost." She steps back and smiles.
Back to top Go down
Zain Roux
Level 2
Zain Roux

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Zain gasped after he heard what she told him "So looks like I'm inside a hunted house then" he blinked. Unsure "Hm. Really?" he asked he didn't think ghost were real.
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:25 pm

She nods her head with a smile. "Mmhm! She's really nice though. Her name is Zuri!"
Back to top Go down
Zain Roux
Level 2
Zain Roux

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Zain nods his head "I see. Maybe I might run into Zuri sometime" Then he thought to hiself "Well. I can't see or hear ghost hmm."
Back to top Go down

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:54 pm

"I hope so! She's really nice." She smiles and takes hold of Zain's hand again. She pulls him toward the kitchen. "C'mon! Let's get something to eat!"

{OOC: To the kitchen!}
Back to top Go down
Zain Roux
Level 2
Zain Roux

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:38 pm

He nods and gets pulled towards the kitchen. Smiling

(OOC: Okay)
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:55 pm

The foyer was just as dark from within as it had seemed from without, a cloying, chilly darkness. Shivering, Zuri found herself lit only by the softly pulsing orb of light she held. It was a warm, gentle light that illuminated her features softly, but no more than a foot radius around her. Unnerved slightly by being unable to see her companion or much else around her, she felt along the wall for a light switch, mentally chiding herself for never noting it before.
This is what I get, I suppose, she thought, frowning as she completed her circuit of the room, or so she thought, and yet finding no light switch, I should have payed more attention...
Her last step, as she thought to come back to the door, led her, unfortunately, right over the edge of one of the stairs. She slipped with a muffled yelp, and fell. Her fall extinguished the light, and the room was plunged once more into darkness; not even the light of the stars could pierce inside the abandoned house.
Back to top Go down
Judas
Level 1
Judas

Power Scroll
HP:
The Foyer Z2TThLm40/9999The Foyer YaqEZ39  (40/9999)
Mana:
The Foyer G8gFMJt20/1000The Foyer YaqEZ39  (20/1000)

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 am

*follows after Zuri and her light before wandering off on his own in search of the light, down the stair*
Whoever designed this house did not create it with people in mind...
*turns slightly at Zuri's yelp, before being hit from behind, falling with her to the ground, and cushioning the force of her fall*
Hello floor, it's nice to make your acquaintance.
*groans*
Back to top Go down
Zuri
Level 7 Admin
Zuri

Power Scroll
HP:
Mana:

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:24 am

"Ah!"
Emitting something between a gasp and a squeak, Zuri struggled to push herself up from the floor, but only succeeded in tangling herself up further with Judas. Her wings felt pinched against the floor and between the bars of the railing, causing her to whimper. She gasped out a quiet apology, sitting back and rubbing at her aching feathers.
"I-I'm sorry Judas," she said, using his first name for the first time, "I can't seem to find the light. H-here, let me try to make one of my own again."
Holding one hand out again, she attempted to form a light once more.
Back to top Go down
Judas
Level 1
Judas

Power Scroll
HP:
The Foyer Z2TThLm40/9999The Foyer YaqEZ39  (40/9999)
Mana:
The Foyer G8gFMJt20/1000The Foyer YaqEZ39  (20/1000)

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 am

*rolls onto his back, staring back towards Zuri and the stairs, noticing her situation*
Let's see what I can do about that.
*gently but firmly pulls at Zuri, cleanly extricating her from the bars, with the unintended effects of pulling her down to lay across his chest and interrupting her light spell*
Whoops.
*looks at her, concerned, straining his eyes through the dark*
Are you okay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Foyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Foyer   The Foyer Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Foyer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next